Thursday, September 9, 2010

Swayze widow 'still texts husband'

Lisa Niemi has revealed that she still sends text messages to her late husband Patrick Swayze.

The actress said that she has kept up a long-standing tradition of texting Swayze - who died from pancreatic cancer a year ago - whenever she boards an aeroplane.

She told People: "I just put what I always did - 'I love you.' And then I cried for a little bit to myself.

"[The message] didn't come back. So either somewhere out there he received it, or someone's going, 'Somebody loves me!' And you know what? I figured it was a win-win situation."

Niemi reiterated that she could still feel her husband's presence, and added that she was slowly coming to terms with the "overwhelming" loss.

"I know he wanted me to be okay," she said. "And I am stronger now. The fact that I've had some good days definitely gives me hope that I can have more."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...