Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I never asked Vidya to pose nude

M. F. Husain has reportedly expressed anger at reports that he intended to paint a nude portrait of Vidya Balan.

The artist, currently a citizen of Qatar, famously upset members of India's Hindu community after depicting deities in an allegedly sexual manner.

Husain told The Times of India: "I would never ever even think like that. I have done several paintings of Madhuri Dixit but I have always captured her personality. I respect Vidya as an artiste and would never ask her or any artiste to pose nude for me."

He also revealed that he does not want to paint a life-like portrait of Anushka Sharma.

"Anushka has inspired me to do a painting of the quintessential Punjabi kudi [girl]," the artist said. "She was outstanding in Band Baaja Baaraat. She made the transition from a playful girl to an upright woman brilliantly."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...