Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Exercise keeps me sane


Kate Winslet has credited exercise with helping her to feel good about herself following her split from ex-husband Sam Mendes.

The actress - who divorced from the American Beauty director in 2010 after seven years of marriage - admitted that she engaged in more physical activity after becoming single in order to feel healthier for her two children.

"That's the main reason I took it up... But I do feel... I don't know... part of, I suppose, my way out of everything, has been really taking care of myself," she explained to Vogue.

"I think that comes from an awareness that my children really need me, and they need me to be the healthiest version of myself that I can possibly be."

She went on to say that she feels good about her place in life now, adding: "I actually keep saying it out loud. Last night I went out for a drink with two friends and, as we were walking, I said, 'God, you know, I feel so good'.

"Not in a, 'Wow! I feel so good!' way, but just in that quiet centred way. I'm almost surprised by it. I feel well, I feel healthy. I feel clear. I feel centred."

Winslet also insisted that she is happy to be single.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...